Saturday, September 24, 2005

Home Sweet Home!

Have been busy unpacked my luggages, the weather wasn't too bad at all for the past few days. I'm glad to be home eventhough Éimhear still hasn't got used to the quietness in the house since there were some many kids in my mum's house! Hopefully she get used to it before daddy returns to work!!

Recalled the day at the KLIA airport, you're not gonna believe what happened to us! Well, we arrived at the aiport at about 4pm and our flight wasn't due to take off until 11:55pm! Luckily we got to check in there and then. There we were at one of the check in area, which was the MAS airline. The staff was busying checking our tickets and passports while mum and I were lifting the baggages on to the bell! We didn't pay any attentions to the weight scale at all. The staff, who is a Malay national was saying to me "your baggages is 7kg over! What do you want to do?" (in Mandarin, what a shock!) We kinda barging with him and asked him not to charge us since we have 130kg between the 5 of us and we have 3 kids to look after....!! I think he fecking made a quick one on us "If I let you away with it, you have to get me a 012's top up card, which is RM 100!" Mum and I were like to each other "What the hell, is he trying to bribe" I looked at the weight scale and noticed that there were only 122.35kg but they had one of the over sized baggage on the other bell, which was about 33kg. So if we add them up, it's about 155kg. Why did he said we were 7kg over weighted? Shouldn't it be 22kg over weighted? That confused me...!! After spent about 15mins on barging he did let us go without charging us but he was in a mood or wasn't happy about it. We had to drop the over sized baggage to the other side. On the way back I had a look at my tickets and boarding passes, reliazed he didn't give us any of the boarding passes from Amsterdam to Dublin. I had to go up to him "Sorry, you didn't give me ours boarding passes from Amsterdam to Dublin!" He replies "The system won't let me to it!" So I said "They normally let us check in eventhough we have to transit from other destination!" There he was again mentioning the fecking call card. At this point I have to get it otherwise we won't make it on time to the flight at Amsterdam airport! I spent 15mins looking for the bloody phone shop, got it in the book shop in the end. He fecking call me over from a distant and saying "Oh, the system let me do the check in for the transit flight!" "Here you go, 5 boarding passes from AMS - DUB!" "Can I have those boarding passes from KUL - AMS back for a sec?" He gave me a signal to ask me to put the call card in the baording passes! I felt awkward in that situation and thought why did he picked on me? I should have took his name down....!!

3 comments:

Apple said...

OMG, why not you ask to see their manager? How can they did that on you, I hate bribe...I cannot imagine this happen to you..really feel sad to heard about this incident. How malaysian going to grow with all the bribe case?

Zoë said...

I knew I should have called for the manager...!! But it was too late then and had fews to look after!! My dad said, the bribe case is not unfamiliar in M'sia these day, seems like everybody doing it!! What a shame!!

Apple said...

Yeah!totally agree..